BECOME AN AMBASSADOR
You’ve no doubt already been talking up the Subaru Elephant Rock to every cyclist you know and perhaps have already been asked politely, and with love, by your spouse/friend/dog to also discuss things other than the Subaru Elephant Rock such as politics, religion….never mind, who are we kidding? The Subaru Elephant Rock and cycling is way more fun to talk about than those things so please keep doing it!
If you love the Subaru Elephant Rock and want to make it your official duty to spread the love to others in your communities, then you need to apply to be part of our Ambassador Team.
Becoming a Subaru Elephant Rock Brand Ambassador allows you to enjoy your love for our sport while sharing your cycling experience at the Subaru Elephant Rock with your friends, colleagues and fellow lovers of cycling.
Ideal qualities (but not all are absolutely required) include:
- Active with a local club and group rides.
- Love sharing cycling experiences with other people.
- Active and knowledgable on social media.
- Passionate about the Subaru Elephant Rock.
- Knowledgeable and informed about cycling culture.
- Willing to spread the word about the Subaru Elephant Rock and who we are.
- Active social media presence on at least one of the following channels: personal blog, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- A strong social media audience on all social channels. We will make an exception for someone with great potential, however, we will not consider applicants with fewer than 100 followers.
- Non-social media related groups of influence (i.e. cycling/run/tri, training groups, etc.) considered.
- Strong social influencers that celebrate health and fitness. Content doesn’t have to be solely focused on fitness or health, but we do want to ensure that this partnership makes sense on your social channels.
Each Ambassador will receive:
- Free entry into the 2017 Subaru Elephant Rock on June 4th
- 2017 rider kit including jersey, socks, cap, etc…
- Parking pass for up-close parking
- Special post ride hang out area to meet other ambassadors and share your ride story.
Requirements and Guidelines
Each ERock Ambassador will be expected to represent the Subaru Elephant Rock in a fun, interesting and positive way that is unique to your own cycling interests. The Subaru Elephant Rock attracts all kind and levels of cyclists and is a different event for each of us.
- SPREAD THE WORD – Share information about the Subaru Elephant Rock event. Share with friends, family, colleagues, cyclists, local cycling businesses and clubs about your excitement for riding the Subaru Elephant Rock, invite cyclists to join you.
- SHARE ONLINE – Got a personal or business website, a blog? Include links or references to the Subaru Elephant Rock on your website. Socially connected online? Share on only on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram with information and links to the Subaru Elephant Rock. We can even provide suggested ideas, but you are open to being creative and having fun here. We encourage frequent communication about your cycling goals and accomplishments that inspire runners. (Minimum requirements are to post 2 times a week to 1 favorite platform)
- WEAR SUBARU ELEPHANT ROCK GEAR - Wear the Subaru Elephant Rock gear when out in public and on group rides or just out riding your bike.
- FEEDBACK PARTICIPATION – Participate in our group discussions and surveys, as we strive to improve the event each year, help us with your insights and ideas.
- BE PROFESSIONAL- Above all else, when talking about the Subaru Elephant Rock event, always be professional, positive, and courteous. You are representing this event and the brand. Answer riders questions and guide them ElephantRockRide.com website to learn more. If you don’t know the answer to a question, that is okay, ask them to visit the website to learn more and use the contact page for additional information.
Please note, Ambassadors are not an employee, freelance, or contractor. This is a volunteer role. We do not subsidize travel or training expenses or issue payment of any kind beyond the referral commission. Affiliates serve from Feb 2016 to Nov 2016 and are encouraged to reapply on future years.
Subaru Elephant Rock Ambassadors serve both as race representatives and our consulting team. We look to you for feedback, tips, and new ideas. However the Subaru Elephant Rock reserves the right to remove any Ambassador from the team at any time due to poor conduct or sportsmanship, display of negative behaviors, fraud, or failure to perform duties. If an Ambassador decides to forego their position prior to the event day, they forfeit any complementary benefits such as race entry.
Deadline to submit your application is Feb 5th